Sign in to follow this  
domramsey

Racing games enginer

Hi,

I have a decent experience in coding (php, c#, c++) but zero experience in making games (except for a few days in Stencyl).

Now, I've seen a tons of wheels games coming out each day so I was wondering if there is some tool which makes this process easier. I've heard about racing game makers, but couldn't find one that people say it works 100%.

I would like to make something like Street Wheels, or maybe something simpler. I've seen INKA  games have tens of similar games, and they all seem to share the same engine.

I ask this because I run a site with wheels games , and need to either code games myself or to look for someone to do that for me. Not sure how much would that cost and where to look for programmers. is there a place for that on this forum?

thanks

Dom Ramsey

Well there is the Help Wanted board in Community Interaction.

It's not hard to program a racing game. But it's not easy either. And there aren't any good "Racing Game Makers" that I know of. Generally, you'll be making the entire thing from scratch, or you will be using something like Unreal or Unity.

Just remember that to get any game made... it's going to take quite a bit of time.

Edited by Tangletail

They aren't racing game engines either. They are just generic engines. You will still have to do a lot of the work yourself. Anyways... I think you may want to start with something... simple. Edited by Tangletail

Unity is a lot more code based than unreal engine 4. I'd say go for the unreal engine since there can be less code involved.

This is coming from very limited knowledge of either engine though. I know i was able to get something up and running without a single line of code in unreal. Unity i remember having to do some coding to even get something running. that was a while ago though, not sure if its changed or not, and i'm not saying either one is actually better, i just think unreal is easier for people that have less experience programming

Edited by iedoc