Introduction and Music!

Started by
1 comment, last by user34200 9 years ago

Hello!

My name is Nathanael ('Nate' is fine), and I am a composer out of Long Beach, California. I'm new to these forums, so I thought I would post a recent orchestral cue of mine to share and introduce myself. I composed it for an audition (which I'm still waiting to hear back on!), and while it's gotten some positive feedback from friends and colleagues, I thought I would share with you and see how people out in the wilderness reacted. Comments are very welcome, and don't worry; you won't hurt my feelings if there's something about it you don't like!

http://soundcloud.com/natetronerudmusic/fantasy-overture

A bit about myself:

I grew up in Massachusetts, where I pursued music and theater. I then went to California for grad school and to get into the media industry. Since I've been in California I have scored several audiobooks, as well as a number of independent films, including a couple of animated shorts. I've also worked as an assistant for several composers, including Craig Garfinkle and Eimear Noone for there work on Warlords of Draenor. (I should say, none of my music is in the game, but I did help out with some orchestration, among other things.) I am also an assistant conductor for a small community orchestra which rehearses in Hollywood at the musicians union.

Thanks for listening!

Advertisement

Cool piece, very grandiose. It's well composed and mixed, nice work. Some of the brass parts sound really MIDI, but there's really no way to get around that beyond recording live brass.

Thank you for you listening! I am in total agreement about the brass. In particular, the trumpets are very obvious, especially on the shorts, where the tonguing sounds very wonky. I may record the trumpet lines with a friend once he's back in town, we'll see.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement