Sign in to follow this  
db123

what the detail of lightmap?

i have a simple question about lightmap.

i know lightmap save the static light information about a level, but how to save this information?

is it save light info to one texture for a level?

is it save light info to one texture for a light source?

is it save light info to one texture for a level object?

when i render the level, how to find the static light info from that texture?

rolleyes.gif

thank you~~

This is often the case. The environment is often unwrapped on one or more textures. The environmap-geometry needs therefor an additional set of uv-coords and an association to the right lightmap. When rendering, you sample the lightmap like any other texture and use the information to simulate one or more lights. The most simplest way to render a lightmap is just to mulitply the light data with the underlying texture.

This is often the case. The environment is often unwrapped on one or more textures. The environmap-geometry needs therefor an additional set of uv-coords and an association to the right lightmap. When rendering, you sample the lightmap like any other texture and use the information to simulate one or more lights. The most simplest way to render a lightmap is just to mulitply the light data with the underlying texture.

so i need save the uv information for every objects, when i render this object, i can use this uv to find the light info in that texture?

so i need save the uv information for every objects, when i render this object, i can use this uv to find the light info in that texture?

yep, it is like standard model unwrapping. Often you have some kind of tool which generates the maps and uvs (texture coords) for you. Then you use the uv coords to look up the texture and apply it to your rendered surface.

This is often the case. The environment is often unwrapped on one or more textures.

I bake ambient occlusion maps per building at 2048x2048 and that is just enough pixels. Baking a whole environment into one texture? I think you should define  what you mean by environment.