3Dmax into Directx

Started by
2 comments, last by Halo Vortex 22 years, 5 months ago
I''m trying to implement mesh-loading from max into my engine, but the problem is - Max uses a lot of matrixes. I upload my mesh(ASE ascii format) and then use matrix specified in the object''s body), but camera object also comes with a standart 4x4 matrix. And if I just use last row(pos), then I get a wrong view. Where should I apply this changes? Should I transform UP-vector of D3DXLookAt matrix? And How?
Advertisement
I''m changing gears on you a little bit, but wouldn''t it be easier to save the MAX file as .3ds and then use the converter in the SDK to convert to .x?
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
Not really, because I want a complete scene with lights, animations and cameras, not meshes...
Ah, so you''re trying to load entire scenes, not just meshes? That will be more difficult, but it shouldn''t be that hard. It all depends on how complex the 3DSMax scene file is.
The 4x4 matrix for the camera is probably a transformation matrix to move it to the correct position. Perhaps if you use that 4x4 matrix as the transformation matrix for the camera in DirectX. I''m not sure how this cold be done (don''t have docs or code with me right now), but possibly by multiplying in a lookat matrix or something.

--------------------

Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
--------------------Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement