PerfectMMORPG

Started by
19 comments, last by jpetrie 9 years ago

I'm shocked at the insults and mockery thrown at a fellow gamer here. For all we know, Yuno could be 15 years old, clinically depressed, bullied in school, getting no support from his family, yet writing his butt off in hopes of creating something really awesome that others will love and enjoy, and sharing his game ideas here to hopefully get some feedback and support from his fellow gamers or maybe inspire someone because that is what this forum is for. Show some respect!

Yuno, I can see you have many many ideas for a RPG and are eager to get your hands dirty. Why don't you download the free version of RPG Maker, and see how far you can take it? It comes with free assets that you can use to build your own world in a SNES-RPG style, and a turn-based combat system. You can change abilities and so on as you please. With some money you can even buy the full version, which has even more assets and features.

Good luck with your devin'!

Advertisement

I'm shocked at the insults and mockery thrown at a fellow gamer here. For all we know, Yuno could be 15 years old, clinically depressed, bullied in school, getting no support from his family, yet writing his butt off in hopes of creating something really awesome that others will love and enjoy, and sharing his game ideas here to hopefully get some feedback and support from his fellow gamers or maybe inspire someone because that is what this forum is for. Show some respect!

Yuno, I can see you have many many ideas for a RPG and are eager to get your hands dirty. Why don't you download the free version of RPG Maker, and see how far you can take it? It comes with free assets that you can use to build your own world in a SNES-RPG style, and a turn-based combat system. You can change abilities and so on as you please. With some money you can even buy the full version, which has even more assets and features.

Good luck with your devin'!

I see where you are coming from, and yes, I also think yuno does not deserve to be treated with too much disrespect.

It is just if you have read his threads from last year, that where just as disorganised and badly worded as this one, where he did get, besides some rather harsh comments, the advice to try and make his message clearer and more to the point, you cannot stop yourself from thinking of him as not having learned a thing since then about how to post in an internet forum. Especially if the topic is, as I suppose, not meant as a joke.

Thus I think it is only fair that people try to look at his history to know what they are dealing with. For all I know, he could be a 15 yo with honest and good intentions, just poor skills on writing down his thoughts in a manner that can be understood by other people. Fact is, this was as true last year as it is this year. There is no point in giving somebody the same advice twice.

I do hope, like with all posters around here, that the OP will come back, rewrite the wall of text up there and try to make his point clearer to people, so he can get something out of gamedev.net like most do around here. Until proven otherwise, I am sure he means no ill, is no troll, and just would like to be heard.

ANSWERS to everyone else
There is too much replies. This post was about Ice Titan class. It is most tanky think in this game. bcause of that its rebirth passive is called return of the retarded. Also this class never deals damage but debuffs his enemies also area skills may debuff and deal damage to friendly units. So yes i am a troll and in this game all clases are made for trolls!! YEAH

Pirate king just told his ideas but there was no maths, no mechanics, no calculations or numbers. I am showing you skills and attributes. I made this game and i can play it as a board game right now. Do you want to play?

All other people; you are envious lazy trolls. You just said i am troll and i am posting a giant wall of text. So? Will you tell me why my game is not best game? Why you didnt like my game idea? Just stop trolling and be serious.

I cant code games. I just write books. Act like a syzophranic. Destroy english language. Watch anime. Play all games free to play. And keep dreaming. Now you know everything about me. OK

I am fkin 24 years old! Yes i dont have a job and only skill i have is writing books, thinking, writing poems. My mother tongue is not english. How many languages can you use?

I have RPG maker. RPG maker using classic rpg mechanics. I hate current MMORPGs and current RPG mechanics. We need better and more complex systems like mine.

Factions will be changed every week. It will be balanced. You will have npcs defending your lands. You will capture some points and gain things while you holding and defending this points. Goal of the game is capturing bosses, capturing key points and being retarded.

Yes you can be easily 50 times stronger than other players. It has really easy mechanics. A level 100 player is 2 times stronger than a level 50 player. When you die you lose 1 level. Leveling up gets harder as you level up. Level 1 person have to kill 1 level 1 monster for leveling up. Level 100 person have to kill 100 level 100 monster for leveling up. If you are low level dying is not a problem for you bcause you will lose 1 level. If your level is high when you die still lose 1 level and this is insane bcause leveling up is really hard for you.

You didnt understood triangular numbers. Everything gets harder and harder. So everybody have nearly same movespeed. Also increasing move speed causes your other stats to be lose. You will have 6 movespeed but you will have 60 hp and other guy with same level will have 5 movespeed and 260 health. It works like that. You cant have too much high movespeed than other players. Even you have you will be very weak. I have list of first 10.000 triangular numbers.

Also in this game level difference is not important. If your enemy is level 50, 2 level 25 players can kill it. So this game is balanced bcause in other MMO's level matters too much.

okay, yuno, let me try to be more polite and precise...

Your input and ideas are very welcome on this forum, just try to write them in an easy to understand, easy to read format. Personally, I couldn't care less if your english is not the best. I am also not a native english speaker, and I am sure I make many stupid mistakes I am not aware of in my english writing.

Still, there are some things that would make your texts much easier to understand. They often read like you just write down what you think... for most people, that ends in hard to understand and often quite fragmented text.

Try to re-read them before posting, and maybe re-organize them in a way that groups similar topics together and, ideally, makes your text shorter and more to the point.

You work with lots of examples. Thats good, it helps the reader make sense of the numbers and rules. But, you mix rules, numbers and examples into a single stream of text. Meaning I as the reader have to read the whole paragraph, and try to sort that text into rules and examples. In the best case, I will understand what COULDbe meant, but it will stay ambigious as I might have misunderstood a rule for an example or the other way round.

See how the board and Tabletop game rulebooks do it. They will give you the rules in a short, unambigious text, in its own paragraph and maybe even marked with a special sign or border. Then you get an example in its own paragraph, that should help you understand how these rules will be applied to a normal game.

Nobody (at least not me or Nyaanyaa, most probably) was trying to belittle you when we talked about your age or other attirbutes. We just didn't knew, and given that, as Nyaanyaa rightfully said, it was a little unfair to jump to comclusions.

To be honest, nothing of this matters really on this forum... in the end, what people see is what you write. That is exactly why you should pay some attention to WHAT and HOW you write. If somebody writes something that could be misunderstood as trolling, some people will jump to that conclusion. If somebody writes hard to understand text, people will question if that person has some issues (mental, lingual, whatever)...

Is that fair? No. Is it good to quickly jump to these conclusions? No.

But trolls have been a pain in the butt of most forums on the internet for decades now, and together with newcomers that come to the forum with little knowledge and a short temper are the second most annoying thing you can find on a forum (the most annoying would be ad spams, but these are dealt with on gamedev.net, thanks to the mods and admins).

If you find people treating you unfair, first see if you gave them any reason to act the way they did.

EDIT:

Oh, and your topic title... no. Just no.

Even if you would be in the right, that title just looks like either a) outright trolling, b) click bait, or c) too much self esteem.

I am not saying that you shouldn't use the "MMO" monicker around here, or that you cannot state that your game concept is, in your opinion, the "Perfect MMORPG"... maybe just make up a better title for the thread, that will NOT a) alert the anti-troll-inquisition, b) provoke everyone and their dog to prove you wrong, and c) maybe just give a little bit more context what the topic is about exactly....

AAAND HE'S BACK

---

this was his original

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/660036-tbsrpg/#entry5174581

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Coming up with a game idea and writing it up can be a lot of fun even if it's for the sole purpose of just coming up with the idea. But what is it that you want out of this thread? If you want feedback on one particular element, identify the specific element and ask for opinions on that. Or if the main thing that you wanted to do was just put your idea up for people to read, might I suggest doing so in the journal you have available on this site.

The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure I have a document with almost the exact identical design somewhere from 10-12~ years ago, except for the elemental attributes, and the questionaire for lifestyle choices at the beginning.

This topic written for professional coders. You may not understand it. Also if english is not your language, not understanding is natural. For this complex math and formulas we need technical english. None of us can speak technical english or mathmethical english. Maybe i just have to write formulas in math language. Who cares.

If you make a serious topic people will get bored while reading it. All gamedevs are trying to enjoy people while speaking about their game and most of gamedevs doesnt even speak about game mechanics, maths and formulas and tactics. Did Riot told you what is attack speed and what is its cap, what is armor and how it really works? NO, they didnt. Only riot workers told this things in their personal accounts. Most of games are unbalanced and level matters too much and most of game companies trying to ruin their game for getting money.

In LOL all old champions are horribly nerfed. They kept making horrible ADC or AD champions bcause players was wanting AD only DPS characters. They was hating and banning tanks. Riot games never said "tanks must be OP bcause they are slow and hard to play"; they just keept releasing OP AD champions like Darius Draven Kalista Jinx Vi Kha Zix Rengar; all champions are AD and now even after item nerfs tanks and AP characters still suck. And your stun not important bcause enemy DPS can kill your team mates in 5 seconds. You just trying to stun them and follow them but bcause of an unkown reason DPS characters are able to move really fast unlike tanks..

So i am right. And i will be always right. If you didnt understood my game than dont talk about it.

Who was have the same idea? Where is that guy?

Ahah, It was a fun reading smile.png

Still, here are some advices.

- I'm not a english native speaker, so I'm not the most well placed to say that, but, mostly, you don't make any sense! And thus it's hard for me to tell you what I think about the mechanics you are trying to explain if I don't understand them. But let's try to be constructive.

- Do not use acronym, it breaks the reading flow and make the text even harder to read! (fle?mpr?hpr?)

- Format your text!

- One idea at the same time. In one sentence you speak about a damage mechanics, mobs, subscription system. It is too much.

- Too much numbers! Example are fine, they can illustrate some mechanics. But I don't need all the details and level. For exemple :

And also some funy quotes smile.png

I have list of first 10.000 triangular numbers.

- Good for you, I'm sure I can find a list of the first 10 000 decimals of Pi and post it here, and still no one would care (probably)

We need better and more complex systems like mine.

+1 arrogance (and it is not nice)

It will be balanced.

- You wish. (So as tons of game designer out there biggrin.png)

You will have npcs defending your lands. You will capture some points and gain things while you holding and defending this points.

- This is a nice idea, I guess that by "things" you meant gold, xp, items, etc,,,

Goal of the game is capturing bosses,

- Which are stronger NPC owned by adverse player I presume?

capturing key points

- make sense.

and being retarded.

- yeah, obviously....wait what? XD

I will pass on your leveling system.

And also on the part where you speak about movespeed. You are contradicting yourself so much...

You may not understand it.

So true.

This topic written for professional coders. You may not understand it. Also if english is not your language, not understanding is natural. For this complex math and formulas we need technical english. None of us can speak technical english or mathmethical english. Maybe i just have to write formulas in math language.

- This is not the level of english which is hard to understand (well, a little) but more the way your present your idea. There is nothing excessively technical or mathematical.

Who cares.

- Eventual readers?

Did Riot told you what is attack speed and what is its cap, what is armor and how it really works?

- Yes. Given the popularity of LOL, there is a lot of explanation on the web for each of these value, what they do, how the calculation works and why the color for attack speed is green instead of blue.

You just trying to stun them and follow them but bcause of an unkown reason DPS characters are able to move really fast unlike tanks..

- Unknow reasons? No. DPS character are faster, easier to kill. Tank characters are slower, harder to kill. This is to make the characters as balanced as possible.

So i am right. And i will be always right.

Ahah.

For more useful answers, refer to Gian-Reto or Nyaanyaa who are absolutely right and gave really good (true) advices ;D

All other people; you are envious lazy trolls. You just said i am troll and i am posting a giant wall of text. So? Will you tell me why my game is not best game? Why you didnt like my game idea? Just stop trolling and be serious.
Because we tried it.
It's the whole reason a person who post his MMO idea gets roasted, I believe every person on this site with a score of six-hundred has at least attempted, to make the "Best MMO" or "Best RPG" game ever. It's the reason other incurage you to go a head with it, it's because thy know the only way you will understand is if you did it your self.
From personal experience I can tell you that players DON"T want to make there own character from scratch.
My first game allowed players to make there character by changing sliders, very similar to the way MakeHuman works or the one in Mount&Blade. People hated how long it took before thy where done, when I gave them preset characters thy hated the limited choices, with editors thy complained that it was too hard.
Now I am not implying that character creation doesn't work. In the end I found that giving players stereotypical characters to edit worked great, thy also prefer color schemes over coloring each piece on it's own. This I learn from trial and error, the developers are here to share this experience with each other.
There is a lot more to character creation but that doesn't seem to be the point of this topic.
So you want to know why I didn't like your game idea, then here it is:

In LOL all old champions are horribly nerfed. They kept making horrible ADC or AD champions bcause players was wanting AD only DPS characters. They was hating and banning tanks. Riot games never said "tanks must be OP bcause they are slow and hard to play"; they just keept releasing OP AD champions like Darius Draven Kalista Jinx Vi Kha Zix Rengar; all champions are AD and now even after item nerfs tanks and AP characters still suck. And your stun not important bcause enemy DPS can kill your team mates in 5 seconds. You just trying to stun them and follow them but bcause of an unkown reason DPS characters are able to move really fast unlike tanks..
So it is clear that you are upset because of imbalance between characters, this gives a advantage to a single class over all. Then why are you causing the same imbalance !?
So each level I gain 10 point for stats.
Stats are: dmg2 hit1 fle1 hp10 hpr1 mp10 mpr1 arm2 I think this is what I start with.
So a tank in my opinion has a high hp to soak damage, I also believe that 1 stat in hp gives me 10.
So a focused tank at level 10: has 100 gain points.
To add only hp would mean : I get + 70 hp for 84 gain points and cant spend the rest on hp( 1+3+6+10+15+21+28 = 84 I have 16 left.) I also ad 3 dmg for 10 gain so now I have 6 gain left.
My thank = dmg 5 hit 1 fle 1 hp 80 hpr 1 mp 10 mpr1 arm2
Now a balanced character gets:
Balanced: dmg 6 hit 4 fle 4 hp 50 hpr 4 mp 40 mpr 4 arm 6
Because I could add 3 to each skill for 10 gain and 4 to dmg and hp for 20 gain each.
Clearly the balanced character is better! and will remain better no matter how many levels are used.
Also no way a level 50 is *5 stronger than a 10 not with Triangular numbers, only if stats where linear would it be true.
All this means is that the better hero is the balanced hero, all you did was change what hero type has the advantage.

I made this game and i can play it as a board game right now. Do you want to play?

Yes pleas, that would be easier to understand.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement