Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chimaera

Help needed!

Chimaera    176
Hey, Let me explain exactly what I need: For a math project, I am looking for an adult with a developed career. I need someone who uses mathematics everday. What I have to do is ask this person a few questions about their job. I need the person to give me one mathematical problem that they''ve faced at work. I must describe the problem and how it is used, then I have to say a little about the job. The person I "interview" needs to work for an established company. Here''s my idea. Obviously, programmers face mathematical problems all the time at work, especially in physics, 3d stuff, etc. I want a good problem, one that the other students will look at and say "What the %^$@". Not too complicated, but something pretty kool. Of course, I''d like to keep code out of this as much as possible because, no one else would understand, I just need the hard math before it goes into code. I probably need some pictures to go along and present it visually, so anything compatible would help there. I''m open to just about everything and because I only have about a week to get this thing done, I need it to be pretty hasty. Please email me with whatever you''ve got as long as it follows the guidelines. Help me out here! (email me at ichimaera@hotmail.com) thanx, // chimaera

grhodes_at_work    1385
This isn''t related to game development, but it is a clearly described and stated request related to math/physics. And thankfully you aren''t asking for the answer to a specific technical homework problem. I''ll allow this post to remain open!

Good luck!

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.