Progress on my Food-Based RPG - Adding dishes!

Started by
21 comments, last by On Rye 8 years, 12 months ago

Btw, very important cooking action that's missing: marinating/pickling/soaking.

Hmm. I could include this as a cooking action. Because it wouldn't require as much gameplay, it would be an occasional category.

Perhaps it could be like charging up for a turn before an attack - soaking increases the flavor or improves the texture so it's like a buff or bonus?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement

Hmm. I could include this as a cooking action. Because it wouldn't require as much gameplay, it would be an occasional category.

Perhaps it could be like charging up for a turn before an attack - soaking increases the flavor or improves the texture so it's like a buff or bonus?

Oh, that's clever! Especially for marinating, since that's usually optional. (Like a pickle isn't a pickle unless you pickle it, but a chicken dish is still a chicken dish if you don't marinate it, it's just not quite as good.)

Speaking of turns, were you thinking of having a turn-based or real-time... uh... "battle system" equivalent? Or something in between, like KoTOR (technically short turns but portrayed as if simultaneous and done in realtime) or SNES/PS2 Final Fantasy "Active Time"?

Great idea! I'll use it as a stat bonus of sorts.

Speaking of turns, were you thinking of having a turn-based or real-time... uh... "battle system" equivalent? Or something in between, like KoTOR (technically short turns but portrayed as if simultaneous and done in realtime) or SNES/PS2 Final Fantasy "Active Time"?

I don't know if I'll have a battle system equivalent. cool.png What did you have in mind? In my first topic about this game, I believe someone mentioned a sort of combat where the player battles the dishes. An interesting concept. Someone also mentioned having "loot drops" after getting a good score from a customer. I was leaning toward a time management form of gameplay (see Cook, Serve, Delicious). I want the cooking in my game to be a little more in-depth though, and I do want to have an overworld, where the player can actually walk around the restaurant and the city.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement