An Elite-like multiplayer game

Started by
61 comments, last by erdbernd 22 years, 4 months ago
Have you already decided that the rpg/action/trading game takes place in a futuristic world in space ??

What do you think of a different setting ?
Maybe in the future under water on the earth ... In a time when nearly the whole ground of earth has been flooded ...

Or in the past, were the player can only use the old non-public-transportation systems .. like feet ...and horse or camel or monster pigs . I think nearly all of the gameplay features discussed here could be transferd into such a setting. Let''s say these jump portals that allow the players to travel fast through space .. could be some magic portals provided by a mighty magic guild, that wants payment from the travelers ... The message boards could be some REAL boards in the town hall ....

I have to say that I am a fan of both games .. the Elder Scrolls II:Daggerfall and Elite. Both games had great gameplay and bad graphics. And I always dreamt of playing these games together with other people. A great thing in Daggerfall was the guild system. There was one powerful thiefs guild , a guild for assasins and one for the magicians and many other guilds for warriors and knights, or guilds dedicated to a certain god. The guilds were places where the player could buy special goods, get assignments ...
I just remembered another funny feature in Daggerfall, the player was able to buy a house. I guess it would be great when a player or a group of players could buy a space station or build one, provided that they have the resources and a machine that can build space or ground stations .. So the players could come together buy all things that they need, a freighter, the building machine, the resources... Then travel through jump gates protecting their goods, find a nice planet and start to build up there new home. The players could fill the universe with live on their own ... After creating the base of the station they could extend it with defensive weapons or bars hotels (where players can stop by, and save their entity) and so on ....

I have to beg your pardon for my terrible english
Advertisement
What's up with this thread ?
Test 1 - 2 - 3
TEST
Ok it still works.. there was something wrong with the page numbers ...

Edited by - TheMummy on November 26, 2001 5:52:31 PM
He he. I noticed that too.
CoV

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement