Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimmer

file extensions

kimmer    122
I''m trying to dissect a game and was wondering if anyone was familiar with these file extensions? .prd .mha .mhx .mx I know .3ds is for 3D Studio Max and .cob is for TrueSpace, etc. I was wondering if there was an animation program that put out these file extensions or if they were something else. Thanks.

Anarchi    122
I have no idea, though there is a web site somewhere that lists thousands of file extensions and their corresponding application.

If I remember correctly, is something like whatisit.com, search using altavista for ''File Types''.

Hope this helps.

Downloads, D3DXSprite tutorial, New platform game: .-= The ZeroOne Realm =-.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
try opening files in a text editor (notepad). often games use standard files but rename the extensions. look at the first few characters, they might correspond to the header characters of another file type. sometimes the characters are backwards also.

kimmer    122
The game is Ultimate Ride and many of the other players and myself want to import our own animations. I''m assuming those files are animation files. The game is put out by Disney.

I thought maybe they''d use Maya or 3D Studio Max for those, but these files are different.