Unreal Engine UMG System

Started by
6 comments, last by ShadowsRyder432 8 years, 11 months ago

So I have to do this project for math class (nothing related to teaching game development) and the project is about a math game app, but we are not actually making a app since its not a game dev class, they just want us to make a power point or something, so I wanted to be really creative. I thought it would be really cool if I used Unreal Engine to make a quick level that follows the details for the project. And she said we could make a game, but since we're all sophomores that would be hard for us. But I know a good deal of game dev. I'm just unfamiliar with the UE4 UMG system.

So I already had a level, with a character that fires weapons, kills enemies and etc. So no problem there.

The way I was thinking I would go about this, have a UI that has the math problems she told us to use in the form of questions(I need to put pictures of the math questions in, but I'm sure I can figure that out) With four options the player can choose the correct option and then it will spawn them in the game, I want it to add an extra two enemies for every wrong question and you can only move on to the next option if you kill them all.

There would also need to be a question mark button that would have the steps to find the answers.

This is due Monday the 4th (May the 4th be with you) so I'm not 100% if I will be able to do this, but hopefully I can. Any help you guys can provide with setting up the UMG system to spawn you, add enemies, etc would be extremely appreciated.

Advertisement
Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not going to beat around the bush when I say this. If it's just around the corner. Don't bother. It'll take a little longer than that if it's your first time using unreal engine.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not going to beat around the bush when I say this. If it's just around the corner. Don't bother. It'll take a little longer than that if it's your first time using unreal engine.

I should have posted earlier. I figured out the majority of it. I just watched two different tutorials on youtube and I got the jist of it. My bad for not updating.

What I'm having a problem with right now is importing music that I didn't make with Audactiy. I downloaded some songs and they can't be imported to UE4 for some reason (They are in .wav form which is what it says it needs to be) kinda weird that Unreal doesn't let you import stuff that you didn't make?

UE4 doesn't know you didn't make it, how could it?
If it isn't importing then the format can't be right; check the log output as that might have more information.

How does YouTube and Facebook know I didn't make it? Its not impossible. But it shouldn't, I agree.

It can't be format when I'm literally (And I'm not one to use literally) using the exact same file format as the ones I recorded.

False equivalence; youtube, facebook etc have complicated algorithms and a lot of data so that they can scan uploaded files to check to see if they are infringing on copyright or not.

UE4 lacks both the code and the data to try and make that choice thus UE4 can not tell if you made something or not.

False equivalence; youtube, facebook etc have complicated algorithms and a lot of data so that they can scan uploaded files to check to see if they are infringing on copyright or not.

UE4 lacks both the code and the data to try and make that choice thus UE4 can not tell if you made something or not.

Figured as much. So what other issue could it possibly be? I know its not the format. It doesn't matter anymore, finished the project. But I'm really curious now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement