Using combo boxes

Started by
0 comments, last by cardinals33 22 years, 5 months ago
I am trying to create a setup dialog box in Visual C++ 6 for a program and i have two combo boxes on it. In the initialization I add the items to the box but when the program is run and you click on the boxes, nothing drops down. You can change the selection by using the arrow keys when a box is selected but I cannot find anyway to allow for the list to show or drop down. I have tried all the settings for it such as drop list, simple and drop down but none allow for the data to be displayed. I''ve pretty much had this problem since I got the program a few years. I was hoping someone knew what was wrong and could help me out. Thanks.
Advertisement
if it''s a drop down (that''s that it looks like from your post) then you need to set the height of the combo box. If you want to do it on the dialog editor in MSVS 6.0, click on the combo box, click on the little drop down button, then resize it vertically, this will be how much is dropped down when the user clicks the box.

I think this is what you are trying to do, as it took me about an hour to figure it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement