Question about screwing up your phone with unoptimized code...

Started by
3 comments, last by Sollum 8 years, 11 months ago

Good evening,

My phone is killing me, i have sent it to repair service 3 times and 3 times they replaced motherboard.
Few days i've got it back. It restarts itself and crashes when i try to play my projects or debug them. Now it's stuck in boot loop for the second time.

I have done 1 native android program and 1 with LibGDX API, both published on Google Play. Now i am working on my third game.

Is it possible to screw up your phone by unoptimized code?

I am testing my code on tablet and everything works just perfect!

At this point i am just really frustrated and lost. Is it my code or warranty service is unable to fix my damn phone by replacing freagin motherboard 3 times in a row!

Using HTC...

Any help would be appreciated...

Advertisement

Not through lack of optimizations.

In theory the Android OS will keep your app inside a nice little sandbox, that sandbox is self-contained, and the OS can de-prioritize or kill off your sandbox if you start to do things wrong.

It is still possible for your app to crash or cause other problems, but those should only trigger after you start your app.

Now it's stuck in boot loop for the second time.

Unless you've done something weird like trying to auto-start your app during the boot cycle, or you are doing things like writing OS mods or custom ROM images, you shouldn't be able to cause a boot loop under the normal course of development.

Thank you for reply,

From what i know, i am not doing anything that interferes with OS.

Sure you just don't have a lemon for a phone or a bad custom ROM? At work we using a HTC Desire, Inspire, and One and have never had any issues with them. Back when we started mobile the Desire got quite a few hard crashes where the battery had to be pulled to reset it. As frob mentioned, you app is sandboxed on Android so it shouldn't have access to anything it shouldn't unless you are trying to do some kind of rooting stuff yourself.

Ill try to take it to a warranty again.

Each time they claim to have fixed it by replacing main motherboard, saying that hardware burnt. Like wtf....

It's HTC One S by the way

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement