Compiling - Borland 5.5 (opengl)

Started by
3 comments, last by Jamazon 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi I''m new to programming with opengl and I am just wondering how to compile the source code with the free borland 5.5 compiler (I just want to compile the first opengl tutorial). When I try to compile: bcc32 tutorial1.cpp . The compiler spits out lots of error messages. Please, tell me what I''m doing wrong. Thanks
-------
Advertisement
Hi,

Try reading the bcc32 docs on compiling - they come with it in the HELP directory. Also, I recommend reading the VIDE - Borland 5 HOWTO, even if you don''t want to use VIDE. I can''t remember the URL off the top of my head - but it is in my links section on http://rsn.gamedev.net (in the green top nav bar), probably under the compilers section.

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
Community Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
Start a new project and plug in the code in the .cpp file and delete other files from the project list.
You have fun now.
What This For?
This is a common problem for people new to the free borland c++ command line compiler.

First - tutorial1 is a windows application, it has a winmain function instead of a main function. You need to add the -W switch to the command line to compile to a windows application.

Second - you also need to compile in the libraries (tutorial one uses gl.lib, glu.lib and gluax.lib I think)

command to compile:
bcc32 -W tutorial1.cpp opengl32.lib glu32.lib glaux.lib
Usually the libs of the post above are missing. Then you have to use the great command line tool implib !!
Implib opengl32.dll opengl32.lib or,
Implib opengl32.lib opengl32.dll ... not sure.. Do this with every lib you need e.g. for GLUT you will need the glut.lib and the winnm.lib ....

But the implib tool doesn''t work for all dlls.. But you should get every dll you need to compile opengl apps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement