Quake 1 Engine

Started by
2 comments, last by black_mage_s 22 years, 5 months ago
Alright, i downloaded the Quake engine off of Id''s website, just to modify it to make a third person shooter, since i havent seen enough recently. But there is a problem, which is, i cant seem to find a way to make the game display a flat bitmap located in 3d space (think every object in duke nukem) Is this possible to do in this engine, or will i have to modify it to hell? Like im going to have to do for particle systems?
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
Advertisement
oh yeah, i forgot, i ported doom''s source from linux with the help of my friends, pretty well done, but a bit quirky
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
The explosions in Quake 1 are billboard sprites, try to find the code that draws them.
i figured it was possible, but i wanted to check here, i havent played in a while

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement