WindowsXP

Started by
11 comments, last by Spider_In_A_Web 22 years, 5 months ago
has anyone had any problems developing on the WindowsXP OS, I just upgraded and found that my two programs no longer work!!! The hardware, Voodoo3 3500 TV The problem, While createing a windowed application, when I call swapBuffers, the entire screen goes black!!! I checked an old program which runs very similar code, and this has the same problem even though it was fine on Win2K!! Any ideas??
Advertisement
it depends on your drivers!

I had a P3 667 with Win2k .... my Demo runs with 120 FPS
New Maschine Athlon 1.4GHz with WinXP 12 FPS YES 12!!!!!

J.A.N.K.E.Y.: Journeying Artificial Nocturnal Killing and Exploration Youth
Unfortunatly, due to my 3Dfx based graphics card and nvidia''s decision to only support American customers, the last manufacturer driver appear in late 2000, the windows 3Dfx driver does not appear to enjoy OpenGL for some reason!!!

and i have the latest of those, dated 3/10/2001!!!

Still no joy!!
IIRC there were new 3dfx drivers out less than 2 months ago
Where are they available from ???

anychance of a url??
www.voodoofiles.com has the latest official voodoo drivers, and tons of third party drivers as well. They also have a WinXP compatible driver.

Edited by - CoolTomK on November 12, 2001 2:50:04 PM
thank you!!
err....
did that XP drivers for the Voodoo help you for the openGL problem?
i installed that drivers but it''s as low as before..

Don''''t Panic
The Demonic
Don''t PanicThe Demonic
Nope, it kinda killed my computer!!!
I have upgraded to XP recently, too... and now all my OpenGL apps run at 1-2 fps as opposed to 100-200 fps. I think this is a driver problem.

My graphics hardware is a TNT2 Ultra using an nVidia chipset. Upgrading to the latest nVidia detonator XP drivers (or the card manufacturers own XP drivers for that matter) result in the same problem.... that is, XP crashes and I am forced to rollback to the previous drivers. Tracking through the error log I see that (in both cases) XP reports the problem as being a potential infinite execution loop in the file nv4disp_dll, or words to that effect. I might have also got the dll filename slightly wrong, too... :-)

Has anybody else experienced this and managed to find a driver release that fixes it?

Thanks,
Sharky

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement