Constructive Games

Started by
12 comments, last by Array Master 22 years, 5 months ago
> but idea of a game story without violent death was there

Ha! I guess you''re ignoring the five billion different ways from Sunday that your own character could die in Space Quest.

Try the Monkey Island games for much less death. (at least on the player''s part)
Advertisement
quote:> but idea of a game story without violent death was there
Ha! I guess you''re ignoring the five billion different ways from Sunday that your own character could die in Space Quest.

every time i went to a new area in the SpaceQuest games, i would save it and then look around for new ways to die, just because the graphics and the rude witty text that came with them were entertaining.
but i think he was talking about not having loads of violence in the GAMEPLAY...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Well, watching roger dieing and then being mocked by the narrator was part of the psychotic fun of space quest. But my point is, you might want to design a game with a set path through it, beginning to end with some nice diversions here and there, and also have a constructive purpose behind it. When you create a game with a constructive purpose, but no logical way to win, its really just a simulation, and not so much a game as it is a set of legos.

:: Inmate2993
:: William C. Bubel
"Please refrain from bothering Booster."
william bubel
hey array master!
your post caught my eye, for i too am from kentucky, and a full time student at a college here. the idea of your robot building game is an awesome one, in fact, i have had the same idea for years. and just recently i have actually started coding on a game like this.

freeze:
theres a huge difference from my game and roboforge. roboforge has too little components to build your bot from, and only lets you "train" your bot, not let you give it artificial intelligence. roboforge needs more customization, more basic components, more freedom. also, in my game you will have the option for full autonomous, semi-autonomous, or driven/ran by the player with mouse/keyboard. that and my game will be free.

anyway, array master, send me an email, id love to hear more about your ideas and id love to tell you mine as well.

- jeremiah
http://fakemind.com
- jeremiah http://fakemind.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement