Builder Database question

Started by
2 comments, last by Seriema 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi! My friend(s) and I we''re thinking of making a game together. The "problem" is that my friend have drawn about 200 pictures, which is really hard to keep track of. I''m not meaning graphics to use in the game, I mean concept-art. Either way! Since I''m the programmer I was thinking of making a simple database program, to keep track of the images. Full with info and stuff I know how to implement a database in Borland Builder and basic functions with it. ¤ But HOW do I bind images (.bmp, .jpg, etc) with the database? Separate files and "hyperlinks" to them or merge them into a gigantic file? ¤ Which kind of database is best to use? Access, .db, etc... Thanx... }+TITANIUM+{
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Advertisement
no one?..

}+TITANIUM+{
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Builder comes with a developer version of Interbase, doesnt it? Why not just use that?

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - - Stephen Roberts
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Hi there,

If its not going to be massive and does not
require extensive searching, or a large amount
of users I would go with a simple Paradox table.

If the images are static :-

Then just create your image field as type image
and bind this to a TDBImage control in the
same way you would do text then to write the
image to the dataset just do

DBImage1.DataSource.DataSet.Edit;
DBImage1.Picture.LoadFromFile(FileName);
DBImage1.DataSource.DataSet.Post;

or something simular.

Else

Just store the filename and path.

Hope its of some help.