Win2K and DirectX

Started by
6 comments, last by PsYcHoPrOg 22 years, 5 months ago
After running a few arbitrary DirectX demos from one of LaMonthe''s books, I saw that there were a few that immediately crashed or just failed to function altogether. From what I can remember, these demos worked fine on my Win9x machine, so I was just wondering what kind of incompatibilities regarding DirectX and Win2K might interfere with any future projects I might pursue, assuming that these potential quirks are the reason that these demos don''t work. _.-|PsYcHoProg|-._
D:
Advertisement
Personally, win2k and directx have worked fine for me. Make sure you have the newest directx files.

What book/sample is it? It could be something in the program that is non-win2k compliant...
Here are a few off of the T3D CD that weren''t working correctly:

Demo9_1, Demo9_3, Demo9_4, Demo12_3 (executed, but screwed up when returning to the desktop)

I think there were a few others, but those are the ones that I managed to find in the short time I have to write this post.
LaMothe''s programs generally have errors.
DirectX/Win2k haven''t given me any problems either... everything seems to be working fine. Must be another problem.
Greg FieldsSyntasoft Gameswww.syntasoft.comPost-Time Horse Racing (Available Now)
DirectX/Win2k haven''t given me any problems either... everything seems to be working fine. Must be another problem.

*==================*
www.syntasoft.com
*==================*
Greg FieldsSyntasoft Gameswww.syntasoft.comPost-Time Horse Racing (Available Now)
Change the color depth from D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 to D3DFMT_X8R9G8B8 and recompile. That should fix it.
Err, typo should be D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement