The Week of Awesome III - The third annual unofficial gamedev.net competition! - Administration thread

Started by
232 comments, last by Eck 8 years, 8 months ago

Great to see your return =-), as for your question, this is perfectly fine, i see it as little diffrence than using tools like Unreal Engine, or Unity, or gamemaker, etc.

That's how I looked at it. I mean with Unreal 4 it does pretty much the same thing. I just wanted to make sure before I told the kids (my team) about it. Being able to use what they are learning with right now will be a big factor if they would be able to actively participate in this event or not.

Unfortuantly the date is already set in stone for a few people, changing it now would mean forcing them out, as such I'm sticking with the current date. Like last year, it'll work for some, but not for others, unfortuantly any date i pick simply isn't going to work for some people. I hope you'll be able to still participate even with the restricted time for your students.

I understand completely. We will still participate I just will do probably 100% of the coding if they are not able to spend more than 3-5 hrs a day, and yes we are still in and very excited.
Advertisement

Glad you've finally committed=-)

Don't get me wrong, there's a chance I won't be able to deliver something :P

Putting myself out there as interested in joining a team.

Primarily a programmer (C#, Python, C, C++), but also know something 3D modeling FWIW.

With great pleasure, i'm pleased to announce that theflamingskunk has kicked in an additional 300$ to the prize pool, as well as several copys of GTAV both for our top placing winners, and for our reviewer!

as well, he has agreed to come on board as a judge for the competition! I am still looking for our last judge to fill out our rosters, if you feel up to the challenge, be sure to message me=-)

Putting myself out there as interested in joining a team.

Primarily a programmer (C#, Python, C, C++), but also know something 3D modeling FWIW.

I've added you to the list of people looking for teams!

Glad you've finally committed=-)

Don't get me wrong, there's a chance I won't be able to deliver something tongue.png

I have faith in you =-P
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Also, Slicer, can you add another team-member to Pink Elephant?

My brother, Djent (Audio)

Thanks!

Marcus

Back in 2005 I was gearing up for the 4 elements competition, but ended up in the military. Now, I'm a family man with aspiring children who want to make video games. I would like to join this competition with my kids as:

Team: Digital Owl

Members: Neometron (programmer), Javasuave (audio), Shadowmon (artist)

Website/Blog/Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/neometron

I'll set my calendar ;)

Back in 2005 I was gearing up for the 4 elements competition, but ended up in the military. Now, I'm a family man with aspiring children who want to make video games. I would like to join this competition with my kids as:

Team: Digital Owl
Members: Neometron (programmer), Javasuave (audio), Shadowmon (artist)
Website/Blog/Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/neometron

I'll set my calendar ;)

Last year, we had a much similar team (guy convinced his wife and kid to join in on the fun). I applaud your initiative!

I enjoyed following the last one and I need to try and get more involved here so I'll sign up...

Team: StoutWalrus

Members: Just me

No website or journal for now, will probably create one here soon though.

I'm in too :D

Team: Lone Wolf
Members: Just me for now
Website/Blog/Twitter handle: -

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

We're in.

Team name: HGNT (Credits to me cool.png for this name.)

Team members: newtechnology & IYP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement