Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davekerr

Another MFC Question (CToolBars)

I have been tearing my hair out trying to find a way to add a toolbar to my derived CToolBarTab control (derived from CTabCtrl). I had the idea that each toolbar could have a tab item, clicking on a tab would show the appropriate toolbar. This was working well until I tested it, and realised I couldn''t get my toolbar into the tab window, below the buttons. I checked the MSDN, all I found was some complecated stuff about resizing client coordinates to make room for a toolbar, in a CDialog, which didn''t help much. I am running out of ideas, and it''s a really big problem now, can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

Guest Anonymous Poster
sorry, what I mean is that every time the client class
AddToolbar(UINT uResourceID, CString strTabName)
a new simple structure with a bit of data is added to my CTabToolBar class (derived from CDialogBar). then a new tab item is added to the tab control, which gets streched to fit the dialog resource the client selects when calling CTabToolBar::Create. then when they click on the tab, i wanted the appropriate toolbar to be displayed just under the tab buttons, saving masses of space. i just called CToolBar::Create on the appropriate toolbar, using the actual CTabCtrl as a parent (which is a child of the main CTabToolBar), but nothing ever comes up. i know the correct IDs are used, i''ve stepped through all the code, but i can never get the toolbar to be created as a child of the tab control, just under the buttons. i can''t think what i am doing wrong.