Monodevelop

Started by
5 comments, last by jeskeca 8 years, 10 months ago

Is there a way to make curly braces jump to a new line?

if(something) {

}

I would like:

if(something)

{

}

Advertisement

You can change formatting style in Edit->Preferences, section Source code, subsection Code formatting->C# code.

Select "Microsoft Visual Studio" style.

[attachment=27612:formatting.png]

Just in case the OP didn't know. Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition is free and far better IDE for working in C#. You can also develop against Mono runtime using it.

I have used both and Mono Develop always annoyed me as it's editor just does not "flow" right when you are coding. The intellisense and formatting feels a little clunky

this doesnt work

this doesnt work

Reformat your file. Edit->Format->Format Document.

Just in case the OP didn't know. Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition is free and far better IDE for working in C#. You can also develop against Mono runtime using it.

I have used both and Mono Develop always annoyed me as it's editor just does not "flow" right when you are coding. The intellisense and formatting feels a little clunky

MonoDevelop is free, open-source and runs on almost all modern operating systems. The clunkyness is worth it! ;)

http://tinyurl.com/shewonyay - Thanks so much for those who voted on my GF's Competition Cosplay Entry for Cosplayzine. She won! I owe you all beers :)

Mutiny - Open-source C++ Unity re-implementation.
Defile of Eden 2 - FreeBSD and OpenBSD binaries of our latest game.
I use VS on windows and MonoDevelop on mac.

Beware - monodevelop can't debug on windows while using microsoft CLR runtime. You have to switch to Mono's runtime to debug, which seems bad imo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement