DX Program doesn't work without SDK

Started by
5 comments, last by Dragon_Claw 22 years, 5 months ago
For some reason my programs don''t work without the SDK installed. Even after they have already been compiled. I tried uninstalling the sdk and it wouldn''t run, but as soon as i reinstalled it, the program worked fine. I have found the problem to be with creating the Main D3D8 object. It jsut won''t do it. Any help would be appreciated
Advertisement
So, you have Dx8(home edition, not SDK) installed?

<>
I have tried it on 3 computers. One Win2000 with DX8.0 SDK installed, one with Win2000 W DX 8.0 but no SDK, and the last with WINXP and DX 8.0 SDK. In runs on the two with the SDK. On the WINXP if i uninstall the sdk then run the program it crashes, but as soon as i reinstall it the program works fine.
it may be how you have linked to the .lib files. If you have a static link to the DX .lib files in the SDK directory then you could have problems.

I am not using any libraries. I locate the address in the .Dll''s using LoadLibraryA and GetFunctionAddress.
If you are compiling in debug mode, your programs will not run without the debug libaries. In visual C++ go Build->Configuarations and make sure Win 32 Release is selected and recompile.
I''m not compiling in debug mode. i''m doing it in assembly through nasm. SO i know its not in any debug mode.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement