OpenGL does not work with multiple screens...

Started by
8 comments, last by jwblair 22 years, 5 months ago
How does one get OpenGL to work with multiple cards/monitors? I heard that Microsoft turns off support for OpenGL with systems with more than one monitor - so, how do we fix this problem? Thanks! John William Blair "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother''s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
http://members.home.com/chucklez/wtc/index.html
Thanks!John William Blair "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
Advertisement
Look up the commands EnumDisplayDevices and EnumDisplaySettings ... these will tell you all you need to know!

EVERYONE ELSE IGNORE THIS!

Political Note ...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother''s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Does that also apply to american money funding the IRA to blow up British Citizens?
We''re using three screens at work and it works ok. Allthough using rotated screens (which we do) screwed things up for us. We had to install older drivers to get it to work
I use two screens and OpenGL works great. It''s only accelerated on my main card though. Are you trying to have GL displays on more than one monitor?
Well actually I have three monitors with three cards that support opengl and I am using windows XP. If I just got it to work on one monitor I would be happy!
Thanks!John William Blair "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
I didn''t know XP supported multiple displays. Anyway, have you tried disabling two of your displays or even removing the cards?
As has been said in the openGL newsgroups), if you have more than 1 card, then the only way you can *accelerate* ALL screens is to have the VENDOR support this. MS doesn''t, since they want people to use DX. MS hasn''t updated the core opengl32.dll for a long time, and they will never update it besides the basic stuff.

So the hack is that the vendor must do all the work, and MS could care less. I guess being a monoply doesn''t help the matter any either.

Note, I think it was 3dLabs (or one of the other higher end gfx guys) that provides custom drivers to do this, and I think nvidia was working on it...

quote:Original post by Shag
Does that also apply to american money funding the IRA to blow up British Citizens?

I would be a natural born citizen of the republic of ireland if it we not for the terrorism of the british government. It is a two way street.

The fanatic is incorruptible: if he kills for an idea, he can just as well get himself killed for one; in either case, tyrant or martyr, he is a monster.
--EM Cioran

Opere Citato
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
Now I am pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell do I do now!? I want this SH*T to work right!
How are you actually trying to code this? How are you setting up the rendering context etc?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement