Low level mouse programming

Started by
1 comment, last by jim bob 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello. I was reading in one of my assembly books that INT 33h is not a DOS or BIOS interrupt. It is an interrupt that is part of a memory resident program. This was a confirmation for me because I never found anything that said if INT 33h was a DOS or BIOS interrupt anyway, so I was never sure. It also said it would only cover INT 33h, and not the lower level mouse control. As it turns out, I need the lower level mouse programming abilities, because I will have no mouse driver, I want to write my own. So can anyone give me any resources or information on the very low level mouse programming (non INT 33h), that does not use any sort of DOS functions what so ever (I have no DOS, or any drivers, or libs to work with)? Thanks for any help you can give me. It''s appreciated. Regards. I am not worthy of a sig!
I am not worthy of a sig! ;)
Advertisement
Access mouse straight through the port?
Hmmm, I have no idea about it at all.
Well, maybe it''s not so easy to find a tutorial about it.
But i have an advice to you.
Just build a mini program watching the mouse port.
It prints any information it gets from the port to the screen every second or every a interval even shorter, then you move mouse ''n click the buttons, then you can find what happens from the information on the screen due to the mouse movement.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement