CDX Wrapper

Started by
1 comment, last by GaryB10 22 years, 5 months ago
Read about the CDX wrapper but still not convinced, could someone tell how much speed is lost compared to using plain DirectDraw for graphics. I am a beginer to game programming but already invested some time in learning to use DirectDraw. Is abandoning it in favor of CDX a wise decision.
gb
Advertisement
I''ve used it before, and its a pretty thin wrapper. It does come with the source code, so you can always tweak things if you are really that concerned about performance.
I have used it before, it is sweet and slick for 2D. Depends on what you want to do.. the wheel is the wheel and basically operates like all other wheels (unless it is a tank, then you''re getting into mac programming?).. it is the engine that makes it go =)~

Code has been written and rewritten to initialize dx7/dx8/etc..
it is practically a matter of cut and paste, there is only so many ways you can initialize the directdraw/3D surface.

IMO I would use whatever tires I feel comfortable about and work on the engine/car in which to drive it with.. ensuring the tires will support my need for speed.

my analogic $.02

I fseek, therefore I fam.
I'll give you a beating like Rodney King who deserved it!=====================================Any and all ideas, theories, and text c2004,c2009 BrainDead Software. All Rights Reserved.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement