Showing Off At E3

Started by
12 comments, last by Gregory Micek 22 years, 5 months ago
We have been doing it for 3 years now.

It is pretty cheap and easy to do...besides paying hotel and air...the tix to the event are free.

We walk around and hand out demos and giveaways and what not...last year was a big success.

Y'all should give it a shot...couldn't hurt

Buying a booth for it is not a good idea...you get last pickins...you have to wait for the other companies who have HAD booths in the past pick their spots first then you get to pick..that usually puts you in the basement where no one goes really.

It makes more sense to comb the floor and do giveaways.

Edited by - tkat on November 16, 2001 12:14:28 PM
Advertisement
tkat: Last year was a success? What did you accomplish with handing out the demos?
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Pending deals with 3 major publishers and a deal with one for game development for PSOne and other consoles.

The deal does not start till Feb though as we have to show them something ANYTHING on a PSOne console.

See big publishers from what I was told ( and I dunno if it is true is is just what I was told) are moving more into console development as the PC market is too littered with crap..there were other reasons but I cannot remember them right now.

The company we are dealing with (and no I cannot say who) like us, they like our gung ho attitude to design and games in general. But they want to see something on a console...since we cannot afford a dev kit for any console other than PSOne, the first 2 games we will make for them will be....PSOne games.

How else did it work for us?

We found out how "credable" our first publisher wasn''t, we inked a deal with Interact, Madcatz, Stream Theory and a few other companies...this year is coming to a close and we got punched in the nose a few times...but 2002...that is the year of the Screamin Monkey.
sounds good
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement