3D Studio Max Alternatives

Started by
7 comments, last by GrandMLee 22 years, 5 months ago
I can''t afford to get 3D Studio Max. +$3,000 is about 100 times my price range right now. What are some good alternatives that use the same basic user interface? Does anyone know how much Maya costs? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
If at first you don't succeed, use profanity and try, try again.
Advertisement
IMO there is no real alternative to 3DSMAX.
GMax is from discreet too and shares the same interface than Max. Milkshape is shareware. Blender in free.

About the price of maya ... don''t make me lough.
Just outta interest how much is maya?

---

-http://garconbifteck.cjb.net/
-www.pc-gaming.com
Garcon Bifteck
If you are a student, Maya costs only ~$400. Have a look at the Alias homepage. If you''re NOT a student, it''ll be around $9,000.

Darkening
There is always Blender, Moray (a front end for POV Ray that i really like)

I''d give Moray a try, I learned a lot on it. do a search for MORAY 3D on google and it should come up.

cant afford 3dmax? lol who pays for that crap, warez rules.
Warez? What is that?

I just checked this site out:
http://www.doschdesign.com/e_start/index.html
Is this a good alternative to the character design aspect?
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
cant afford 3dmax? lol who pays for that crap, warez rules.

Heh. Bad, bad, bad idea. Autodesk (The makers of 3D studio/owners of discreet) are famous for prosecuting software piracy cases. Even against students or the underage. And they do occasionally investigate low budget products that are using 3DS models. Remember, in the US one instance of software piracy can cost you up to $200,000.

GrandMLee, ''warez'' is just cracker jargon for software piracy, that is, obtaining and using software without paying for it.
Oh, I thought it was a development suite...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement