MessageBoxes in Fullscreenmode, which function should I use?

Started by
2 comments, last by Nordgeist 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I have some problem with MessageBoxes, when my game is running in fullscreen mode the MessageBox() function isn´t shown on the screen, which function I should use for that? Have asked the SDK for that haven´t found anything relevanted.
Advertisement
I had this problem. You could try calling MessageBox() with the MB_TOPMOST flag or make sure you arent using NULL as the windows handle. I think this fixed my problem although it was a while ago and i dont tend to use messageBox() much anymore so i might be wrong.

Hope Ive helped
Just my thoughts take them as you will. "People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face
Write a function that you can call to dump a message to a text file. That is what a lot of people do.

------------------------------
"I''m a decorated astronaut, I don''t make those kind of mistakes."
"Oh now wait a minute. Look I''ll show ya. I''ll enter the same calculations using what we like to call ''The Right Way''."

-Rem
Zirem Software
------------------------------"I'm a decorated astronaut, I don't make those kind of mistakes.""Oh now wait a minute. Look I'll show ya. I'll enter the same calculations using what we like to call 'The Right Way'."-RemZirem Software
quote:Original post by Remnex
Write a function that you can call to dump a message to a text file. That is what a lot of people do.

------------------------------
"I''m a decorated astronaut, I don''t make those kind of mistakes."
"Oh now wait a minute. Look I''ll show ya. I''ll enter the same calculations using what we like to call ''The Right Way''."

-Rem
Zirem Software

FlipToGDISurface() is the right function, have heard that from an other programmer, and it seems to be working, thanks to you all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement