Some important DelphiX questions...!

Started by
6 comments, last by FooFighter 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi, Some questions: - I would like to know how can I do "transitions" between the scenes with Delphi and DelphiX...is there any engine avaiable there? ...DGC(Delphi Games Creator) had a similar system to do this... - Can I include MID files inside my exe file...? If yes, How? - Can I use the DirectMusic API with DelphiX? Thanks in advance, DelphiX just rules! Marcelo. Delphi just rules!!!
Delphi just rules!!!
Advertisement
Noboy seems to help...:-(

Delphi just rules!!!
Delphi just rules!!!

Delphi just rules!!!
Delphi just rules!!!

Delphi just rules!!!
Delphi just rules!!!

Delphi just rules!!!
Delphi just rules!!!
What do you mean with "transitions"? If you specify more maybe you''ll get some more help.

About the MID files, Yes you can include them in your application. There are several ways of doing this, but the easyest is to include the file you want (".mid" or whatever) in your application''s resources. To do this, find and download Borland Resource Workshop and edit your project''s .RES file. The editor is pretty easy to understand, so you won''t have any problem. Just add the file you want and save, and that''s it, it will be included in the executable.

When you want to load that file later, you have to use some special function to load from resources, like LoadResource. I''m not very sure cause i don''t know how you want to play the .MID.

I don''t know anything about DirecMusic.. maybe anyone else could answer that?

In a world without walls or fences, why do we need Windows or Gates?
----------------------------------------------------------In a world without walls or fences, why do we need Windows or Gates?
Thank you very much for the asnwer!

I''m going to do that...

About the "transitions" --> the special screen effects that are usually used when the app changes from one "screen" (that can be a level or something like this..) to another...

Anyway, thank you!

Marcelo.

Delphi just rules!!!
Delphi just rules!!!
DelphiX allows you to use palette animation (screen fades etc) but only (as far as I know) with a 256 or less colour palette. Just look in the help file.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement