Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Cloak

Weapon model animation

Dark Cloak    122
Hey hey. This is my first time posting here, so I''m a "newbie". I''m also a newbie to weapon modeling and animation. I just recently finished my first weapon model. It''s a laser rifle and grenade launcher. Now that I have the model completed, well, with the exception of skinning, I want to get the animation out of the way. Since it''s a first person view model, I was wondering how I would go about animating it. I''ve been going over and over it in my head. Here are my problems: #1: I am not sure whether or not I just need arm and hand models for the weapon, to attach it to, or if I need an entire player skeleton. #2: I''m using Milkshape 3D, and I have the concept of keyframes down, but I''m not really sure how to go about doing the clip reloading animation...mostly because of bones and whatnot. #3: I want the player to be able to see the laser fire in short bursts. It might sound as if I haven''t tried very hard to understand how to do this stuff. But I have. Looked a numerous tutorials on the net and whatnot, and I just don''t really understand it...I was wondering if there was someone who could explain it to me from a begenniers POV... Thanks, Dark Cloak