Hello World

Started by
13 comments, last by Brain 8 years, 9 months ago

Hello!

I've been creeping the forums and articles for about a year now, and I thought it best to sign up and try to contribute a bit. c:

I'm currently taking a bachelor degree in comp. science here in Norway, but have been programming in Java for for several years before I started. Sadly I wasn't very structured, so I'm still no guru, but eh. Got some other, unrelated experiences. :)

So yeah, most proficient with Java. Been using java2D mostly, but recently I've been learning libGDX, and I have tinkered a little with JMonkey Engine.

I've also done a little demo of a game in Unity, and toyed with MonoGame, so I feel quite comfortable in C#, but still spooked out by all the strange new things c:

Now in the summer holidays, when I'm not slaving for money, I'm trying to teach myself C/C++ and SDL.

With that said, I hope I can contribute with questions that other people will find interesting, and maybe even answer some!

Programmer of HolyPoly games.
Advertisement

System.Out.WriteLine("Hello Istarnion!");

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

begin 
      file rmt (kind = remote); 
      write(rmt, <"Hello Istarnion!">); 
 end. 

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(std::cout) << std::string("Hello Istarnion") << (std::flush);
HelloWorldFactory = new HelloWorldFactory(ProgramConfiguration.getSingleton().getHelloWorldFactoryConfig());
HelloWorldBuilder = HelloWorldFactory.makeBuilder(HelloWorldBuilder.getClass());
ArrayList<String> words = new ArrayList<String>();
words.add(HelloWorldBuilder.getWordByIndex(0)); // Retrieved from an XML configuration file, but probably "Hello"
words.add(HelloWorldBuilder.getWordByIndex(1)); // usually "world", but can be replaced by "Istarnion" easily (very configurable!)
words.add(HelloWorldBuilder.getNewline()); // depends on the system, of course
OutputDispatcher.sendTo(OutputDispatcher.STANDARD_OUTPUT, words, OutputDispatcherStrategy.CONCATENATE);

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Thanks for all your welcomes! :D
This is beginning to remind me of
this game :)
Programmer of HolyPoly games.

Welcome to Gamedev.net!

Welcome to Gamedev.net!

What he meant to say was...

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

int main () 
{
   string s1;
   string s2;
   s1 = "Istarnion";
   s2 = "Welcome to GameDev.net!"
   cout << s1 << ", " << s2 << endl;

return 0;
}

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

What he meant to say was...

Nono, what I meant to say was:

HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
VISIBLE "Istarnion, weclome to GameDev.net!"
KTHXBYE

That's an actual language if you're wondering tongue.png.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find what you need 'round here.

// hello_world.nut
::print( "Hello World from Squirrel!\n" )

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
My Website: Indie Game Programming

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/indieprogram

My Book: http://amzn.com/1305076532

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement