Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

willstones

3DSMax UV Coords

I''m using 3DSMax4.2 with DirectX8.1 and using the XSkinExp.dle file that comes with the Extras. I have a mesh in 3DSMax with a texture applied along with a load of UV coords. I export the mesh to a .x file using the above converter. Then I load the mesh into DirectX but the UV coords have all been messed up. Any ideas??? Does this converter export UV coords properly? The readme that comes with the converter says the following, but I dont know what it means... ===== 3) Currently only the diffuse texture is exported (absolute file path), and at most one set of texture coordinates (applied with a UVW modifier for example, and then collapsed before export). ===== I have tried exporting to a .x text file, and part of it includes this: Material { 1.000000;1.000000;1.000000;1.000000;; 0.000000; 1.000000;1.000000;1.000000;; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;; TextureFilename { "texture.png"; } } What do these numbers mean?? Is this the converters attempt at UV''s? I''m pulling my hair out over this one, if any one can help I''d be very grateful. Thanks Will

The numbers you mentioned are actually the diffuse, specular, and emissive material colors, all ranging from 0.0 to 1.0 . These are the colors that get blended with the texture. UV coorinates are found as MeshTextureCoords later on in the X file.

I did a search of the file for the string MeshTextureCoords to no avail. So it appears that the exporter isn''t even exporting them at all. Has any one else experienced this? Or is it just me?

Any other decent converters/plugins out there???

Thanks

Will