2D Visibility for Overlapping Objects?

Started by
1 comment, last by sufficientreason 8 years, 9 months ago

Hi again,

I've been looking at 2D visibility algorithms like this one (actually I want to use it for applying explosion force and damage). However, the algorithms I've found don't support concave objects, or overlapping convex objects. Are there any tricks for getting this to work? I have bodies comprised of multiple different overlapping shapes in my physics engine.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Hi again,

I've been looking at 2D visibility algorithms like this one (actually I want to use it for applying explosion force and damage). However, the algorithms I've found don't support concave objects, or overlapping convex objects. Are there any tricks for getting this to work? I have bodies comprised of multiple different overlapping shapes in my physics engine.

Thanks!

The linked article does support multiple overlapping square objects, at least in the 'playground' portion of the article.

It does, but you can see the edge coverage is off. Since writing this post I've figured out how to do multiple objects by computing a concave hull, so I think I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement