• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Technical audio questions?

This topic is 997 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can't find a good place to ask audio questions. IIRC, back on the day there was an "audio" forum, but now we only have "Music and sound", about the "creative side" according to the description.

Where should I ask technical questions about audio?

Advertisement

For technical questions, there are a few suitable places for different kinds of audio related questions. You have Maths and Physics for mathematical and theoretical questions, APIs and Tools if you have problems with specific audio APIs, and then there's always the last resort for anything related to programming: General Programming. Pick a place that seems suitable; we'll move it if it's entirely out of place.

I can't find a good place to ask audio questions. IIRC, back on the day there was an "audio" forum, but now we only have "Music and sound", about the "creative side" according to the description.

Where should I ask technical questions about audio?

Ask them in Music and Sound (I moved your post there).

i know "music" is like "woah" but "sound" is pretty catch-all in regards to audio ;) technically..

most common methods are well documented. i realise this may seem like promotion, especially given the basic nature of the material.... i made a pdf with audio dsp notes of some simple common methods.. not stuff like filters which are documented elsewhere.. might be a useful brain jog.
http://www.xoxos.net/sem/dsp2public.pdf

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement