• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Marketing my latest mobile game - post mortem of the first month

This topic is 975 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

First off, congrats on launching your game! :) 

Very nice summary of what you did to market your game. This will server great as a reference list for anyone starting out. 

Do you have any plans for on-going marketing support post-launch to see what specifically can sustain downloads and interest beyond just your launch? 

I wonder what’s better when contacting journalists and game review sites: send a short, concise message (it worked with the press release to get a thorough interview on GameZone) or throw all the information at hand, links and graphics in the message and help get your word out (it worked for instant coverage and mentions on some game review sites)

I honestly think you should send all the information at hand to press. However, as a small indie, you should also have a short message at the top, kicking off the email. A nice blend between the two will work nicely! 

Nice write-up, thanks for sharing your experience -- a follow up with more numbers after a few months would be very interesting if you're willing to share!

Have you considered submitting this as an article? smile.png

Thanks for the suggestion, I upgraded the whole post and submitted it as an article.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement