How To Find Work

Started by
3 comments, last by gambit924 8 years, 7 months ago

I'm a sci fi writer trying to find work in vid games. Is there a section on this website where I can showcase my work?

Advertisement

Classifieds if you are looking for work.

Showcasing your work in terms of feedback or advice can be done in the writing for games subforum

You can also create a journal where you can demonstrate your work as well other musings.

Best of luck.

I'm a sci fi writer trying to find work in vid games. Is there a section on this website where I can showcase my work?

Generally as a writer you would apply to someone recruiting for a game design project, rather than having a portfolio that prospective employers would look at when they are looking for someone to hire. You can have a portfolio on your computer that you email people, or you can create a portfolio website or use your account on a site like Archive Of Our Own, Fiction Press, WattPad, DeviantArt, etc and show it to people by sending them a link. Otherwise, what Stormynature said.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Moving this question to the Writing forum (it's not a Game Design question).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Yeah but Archive of Our Own is mostly for fan fics, right? Or that is mostly what I find there. I have accounts on Fictionpress and watt pad, but mostly I see fan fics on Archive.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement