• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent_M

Glyphic & SpritePacker

This topic is 1169 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have developed two open-source projects I developed in Qt:

SDF Font Generator/Packer

Loads a TTF or OTA file, and generates SDF glyphs. Exports to a single binary file containing the 8-bit texture data, and glyph rect definitions. Currently only supports ASCII. Also, for test purposes, you can choose source glyph's sample size. Ideally, you want 4096x4096, but my algorithm is really slow. It could take a few hours to generate. 512x512 does pretty well right now. You can also zoom in and scroll to get an idea of what the glyphs look like close-up. Currently doesn't support sharp corners.

Sprite Packer

Drag and drop images from your OS's file manager application into the dock on the right. The user can select multiple rects from the dock, and it'll highlight them in the atlas. You can also zoom in and scroll. The atlas updates automatically. A background color can be specified if color-keying is desired, and padding can be applied to your images. Outputs a compressed PNG for the atlas, and a JSON file for the image rect dimensions. A variety of image formats are supported. There are some odd artifacts that have cropped up recently, and sometimes crashes occur.

They both use a lot of the same boilerplate code. There are some graphic issues when compiling for OS X as Qt seems to use the same OpenGL context for its own internal use. The only binaries I provide are for Windows 10, since I just upgraded. Here are the links:

Glyphic-0.9-win32.zip

Glyphic-0.9-src.zip

SpritePacker-0.9-win32.zip

SpritePacker-0.9-src.zip

I hope these projects help others with their future projects! Also, if you have any feedback, I'd be happy to hear it. I'd really like feedback on code structure, and class architecture. I'm trying to develop better coding conventions.

Edited by Vincent_M

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!