Fall of Civilization

Started by
17 comments, last by LDodds 7 years, 11 months ago

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1458946275/fall-of-civilization

Fall of Civilization is a Turn Based Post Apocalyptic Strategy/Simulator. Can you survive in the new world or will you fall into dust?

You play as a survivor of the end of the world, controlling a faction of people you choose how you live in the new world and what the rules are. Build up your economy and upgrade your base to draw in more survivors to your community, but beware the stronger you get the more likely other factions will start looking at you. The choices you make of who you decide to be in this new world determine how the world and its people will treat you.

11825648_1019632534733969_97840755135975

Advertisement
Video Update #2!
Covering HUD, other UI, basic player implementation and simple AI combat
If you have any requests on videos please let me know!

How much of the video is showcasing what the game is going to be like when it is finished? Because there's a lot that can be said about the color palette etc, but it doesn't matter much if it's all placeholder art.

One thing that immediately hit me is that there's too much open space in this kind of map design for such a game. It seems like halving the move distances and bringing all the bits of scenery closer together will make it more interesting to look at.

Hey there.
Alot of it right now is placeholder art and tests, what you see is by no means finalized but it is a style I like even though there is always room for improvement.

And yes you are quite right :)
The map is not finished, I have made a landscape, thrown in two factions each with 3 units and put obstacles like tree's, rocks and a house in the game to see how they look and how they work.

Also!

First Music Track for the game for all who is interested!
New Video Update featuring: New UI buttons, Unit Classes & Scavenging Tile Implementation.
Also put up a survey so you can tell me what features you really want to see in the coming updates.
This really applies to people that arent fully sure if they want to pledge yet but anyone interested please take a minute to fill it out!
Thank you!
The short survey:
New Update!
Feature Survey Results, Draft World Map and Fan Art!
a23ccaa3e61ca4a8d575389d7b1163a1_origina

Looking good! :)

Thank you ! :)

Soundtrack reward, Exclusive T-shirt deal and more!
4 days left and at 71!%
Please take a moment to help me out, whether its a donation (big or small) or sharing this would really help too!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement