• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackthemeangiant

GL_RESCALE_NORMAL ?

This topic is 6092 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
hi i try to use it too but its in openGL 1.2 (& newer) not 1.1. So find new version of openGl & also let me know abt it. bye

Assuming you are using windows, you need to access GL_RESCALE_NORMAL via the OpenGL extension mechanism. Do a search if you''re not sure about this - there are plenty of tutorials out there!

I read somewhere that GL_RESCALE_NORMAL is defined in openGL 1.2, so try to find openGL 1.2 library files.Also let me know from where did u get openGl 1.3?
One more thing tell me for what purpose you wanna use GL_RESCALE_NORMAL may be i can guide you better or May be we both find a nice way for the problem. BQZ one(mind)is one and one-one make eleven. Hope you the best Good luck

manni

My problem is that when I use GL_NORMALIZE my lighting appears fine, but when I normalize them my self, (the code is correct) the lighting dosn''t appear right, and everyone is telling me just to use GL_RESCALE_NORMAL and I don''t know how to enable it.

As for my OpenGL 1.3, I don''t know where I got it, I have a Asus Geforce3 with latest drivers, and glGetString(GL_VERSION) tells me I have version 1.3 =)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!