GL_RESCALE_NORMAL ?

Started by
5 comments, last by Jackthemeangiant 22 years, 5 months ago
Is this property not in newer versions of OpenGL?
Advertisement
hi i try to use it too but its in openGL 1.2 (& newer) not 1.1. So find new version of openGl & also let me know abt it. bye
manni
I am using OpenGL 1.3
Assuming you are using windows, you need to access GL_RESCALE_NORMAL via the OpenGL extension mechanism. Do a search if you''re not sure about this - there are plenty of tutorials out there!
check the faq (opengl.org) for info on rescaling normals
I read somewhere that GL_RESCALE_NORMAL is defined in openGL 1.2, so try to find openGL 1.2 library files.Also let me know from where did u get openGl 1.3?
One more thing tell me for what purpose you wanna use GL_RESCALE_NORMAL may be i can guide you better or May be we both find a nice way for the problem. BQZ one(mind)is one and one-one make eleven. Hope you the best Good luck

manni
manni
My problem is that when I use GL_NORMALIZE my lighting appears fine, but when I normalize them my self, (the code is correct) the lighting dosn''t appear right, and everyone is telling me just to use GL_RESCALE_NORMAL and I don''t know how to enable it.

As for my OpenGL 1.3, I don''t know where I got it, I have a Asus Geforce3 with latest drivers, and glGetString(GL_VERSION) tells me I have version 1.3 =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement