• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
reaktor24

Texture blurring in the distance

This topic is 1160 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I stop my texture image from blurring (badly) as it reaches some short distance from the viewer. How do I keep its quality no matter the distance? I've attached a screenshot so you can see the extent of the blurring for yourselves.

The min and mag settings for the texture image are set to GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR and GL_LINEAR

the texture wrapping is set to GL_MIRRORED_REPEAT.

Are there some other texture settings I should be modifying?

Steve

Edited by reaktor24

Advertisement

Just setting GL_NEAREST for both min and mag filter won't give you detail: it will give you noise.  To some, and if you squint enough, noise may look like detail, but it's still noise.  There's no need to debate this - Nyquist proved it long ago; it's basic sampling theory.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!