• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FreOzgur

OpenGL Nvidia and Bindless Texture

This topic is 1068 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know what is the minimum model for a nVidia graphics card to support Bindless Textures?

I have a nVidia 820m graphics card on my laptop, supports OpenGL 4.5 Core, and it seems like it does not support bindless textures. 

glxinfo | grep "bindless"
only returns the following two:
- GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect, 
- GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect_count

I also checked using GLEW_NV_bindless_texture and GLEW_ARB_bindless_texture, they both returned false.

Its quite surprising that my card supports most of the "modern" extensions but not bindless textures.
Edited by OzgurEra

Advertisement

Fermi chips do not support bindless textures. On the Nvidia side you need a Kepler or newer (=Maxwell). Unfortunately the architectures are hard to tell from the chip/card name - as wintertime pointed out, your chip is still a Fermi which means that you are out of luck here :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!