• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SirWeeble

Can't find good freelance artists

This topic is 1328 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I found that teaming/helping local indies goes a long way when trying to find resources for one's own projects. Artists that are usually busy tend to help to offer.

Needless to say that it's also easier to convince talented artists you've work with before (in the industry) to lend a hand (for money) than to go at strangers.

Advertisement

@SirWeeble,

I've looked for a 2D artist & a 3D artist lately.

I used Unity3D & conceptart.org ads forums.

I got tons of answers, about 80 for the 2D artist ; most of them were from people without any convincing portfolio. I think only 10-20% of respondants felt somewhat serious.

There's 1 thing you can try : go to the Unity Asset Store and check if you find an artist that does stuff you like, and then contact him. I tried this a few times, and it worked a couple of times, but often they're not available or not interested by freelance jobs.

Else, if you reallly have a big budget, you can try Art Studios ; they're more expensive than solo freelances, but they seem to more experienced to produce assets for customers.

Else, if you reallly have a big budget, you can try Art Studios ; they're more expensive than solo freelances, but they seem to more experienced to produce assets for customers.

They crave for work and will want a contract early on, which insures not only you'll have an answer if pricing is right, but also that works will get done, and most likely, on-time.

Depends on scope/budget, obviously.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!