• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Moussa Sarr

Amazing Game Idea

This topic is 1132 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I am new to this site and I am not sure if this is where I should post this.

I have an amazing game idea and I would like to meet with game developers here. I plan to make my game available on all platforms( mobile, online, PlayStation, Wii, Nintendo, XBOX) etc.

Is Unity 3D the best way to go ?

Any ideas on which language would be optimal for this endeavor ?

Regards !!!

Advertisement

I'm a fledgling game designer myself and the advice above is absolute gold. I also received some invaluable advice that may be useful to you: design > prototype > iterate your idea as many times as you possibly can on paper first. Get paper, pens, cardboard, whatever and just create an extremely low production version and get some people to play it with. Playtest the mechanics, observe the dynamics and player experience of the game and if any unexpected behavior rises (which could be good or bad!).

Do this as many times as you can until it feels like you have a genuinely fun game that warrants coding. An awesome idea needs to actually be tested against reality. 

My first game designs are still in their early days but this stratergy has been absolutely necessary for me so far.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Mark Lock

Is Unity 3D the best way to go ?

if it can do what you need - its fine.   note that unreal seems to have better support for streaming levels/chunks/cells off of disk for large continuous areas with no load screens.

all the commercial engines are generally similar, but differ somewhat in implementation, feature set, and ease of use.

if no engine is suitable, you'll need to roll your own.

Any ideas on which language would be optimal for this endeavor ?

that will depend on what engine you go with. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!