• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dqhendricks

Trial by Viking

This topic is 1208 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Trial by Viking

Hi everyone. I have been posting about Trial by Viking in a devlog here for almost two years, but I now have some big news to announce. The game has just launched its KickStarter campaign! This is also the first time you will see a full video of the project in action.

kickstartervideopreview.jpg

About Trial by Viking

Trial by Viking mixes some of the best elements of action platforming and dungeon crawling into a game that explores the distant worlds of the Norse gods. Fans of games like Rogue Legacy, Super Mario Brothers Wii/U, Metroidvanias, and Super Meat Boy should feel right at home.

There are 130 hand crafted levels that range from frantic mad dashes, to dungeon exploring treasure hunts. With over 80 unique enemies, 27 intense boss battles, and countless challenge and puzzle elements, there will be a lot to discover. Luckily you will also be able to collect powerful character upgrades along the way to help you battle ever tougher foes, as well as unlock new unexplored areas.

Platforms: Win/Mac/Lin/More
Release Date: February 2016

kickstarter4.jpg

kickstarter5.jpg

kickstarter1.gif

kickstarter2.gif

"With an incredible variety of combat abilities, equippable weapons, abilities, and passives, the game will both empower and challenge the ever-loving crap out of you. This is a compelling universe with fantastic art, music, and tons of content that’s not to be missed." - Seattle Indies Expo jury

I have put a lot of hard work into this game, so I just want to say thank you to anyone who can lend their support to the project, and please let me know what you think below! Thank you!

- Dustin
Edited by dqhendricks

Advertisement

I'm loving the polar bear! Ha ha, this looks awesome and a true labor of love. Glad to see you already have a lot of backers. Keep going!

I'm loving the polar bear! Ha ha, this looks awesome and a true labor of love. Glad to see you already have a lot of backers. Keep going!

Thanks Mark! A lot of hard work has gone in to this, so your words mean a lot!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!