• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BadEggGames

Violence and Sexual References. 18+ Is my game for kids?

This topic is 1208 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all

I just released my second game and am a bit disappointed with the rating. Its a population simulator where you control humanity with the use of explosives and disease.

The graphics and sound effects aren't gorey or violent. The species grows by people having sex obviously but that is just life. Is it really a sexual reference?

Is there anything I can do to change my rating?

Thanks

llogo.png

Advertisement

Teen seems like the correct rating for the game concept...  People under 13 are unlikely to play a rather slow-paced simulator anyway, I would think.

I installed the game and had a look at it, and there's definitely no sexual references in the game itself so it seems like that part of the rating came from the description of the game. Perhaps instead of mentioning breeding in that one paragraph you could just say something along the lines of "Your population will grow over time, but don't let it get too high!"

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!