• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

MATLAB - searching for a book with "real-life" applications

This topic is 898 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all I couldn't find a more suitable section hence I put it here.

I remember that some time ago I stumbled upon a nice book about (I think...) MATLAB with pretty interesting "real-life" applications. I can't remember the title though. I think I remember the book was like 700 pages long.

Maybe some of you could point me a book on that subject that you find interesting? Maybe I'll find this way the book I'm talking about :). Or at the very least I will have a good replacement.

Advertisement

What exactly is it you want the book for? To learn MATLAB or just general scientific interest?

And when you say real-life applications do you mean solving equations that correspond to an actual physical system.. not just made up equations?

Edited by SteveHatcher

General scientific interest.

Yup. I would like to read about real problems, modeling them with equations and finally solving using MATLAB.

Matlab doesn't seem extremely relevant here, it's just a big toolbox with standard math algorithms.

Basically, it just automates the math computations you'd do manually otherwise.

As such, there is nothing scientific about using Matlab at all, it's an advanced calculator, that's all.

Did you have a look at the Mathworks site? They tend to have loads of examples.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement