• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Orymus3

Unity Unity WebGL Export Graphical Issues

This topic is 1125 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I'm currently hoping to port my Week of Awesome III entry to WebGL using Unity's exporter and have been faced with a strange issue:

available here: http://orymus.com/MEDIA/DIUWoA3WEB/

Notice the two following issues:

Issue # 1

Notice here how the visual appears stretched despite being forced to a 16:9 resolution (same as the original). It seems like the UI Canvas anchor system may be at work?

Issue # 2

Notice the texture (material) of the primitive: it is off (should be centered as per the original entry).

I was able to sort all other issues, but these two visual issues (which may very well be related) are puzzling me.

Things I've tried so far:

- Changing the Rendering Path

- Changing Batching settings

- Forcing resolution (1280X720)

- Reviewing all UI anchors

- Confirming original sprite sizes

- Googled / Stack-overflowed to no avail

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Orymus3

Advertisement

I haven't dug too deeply into it, but isn't still in some sort of early alpha/beta/preview?  Last I tried it, it did not seem ready for actual use.  You might be better off still using the web plug-in for now, and explaining to people how to enable it in Chrome.

I haven't dug too deeply into it, but isn't still in some sort of early alpha/beta/preview?  Last I tried it, it did not seem ready for actual use.  You might be better off still using the web plug-in for now, and explaining to people how to enable it in Chrome.

Seems like Kongregate discourages from doing this, in fact, I believe they won't try to load anything under Chrome if there's no WebGL files to look into (they have a double-delivery format with Unity builds nowadays).

Thanks for the input though, I'd be happy if this isn't my fault!

Ah, that's terrible, but understandable on Kongregate's end.  I hope Unity is working hard to make their WebGL not suck.

EDIT:  Have you tried enabling the console to see if you get any decent debug output?

Edited by ferrous

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!