Starting a Programming Club!

Started by
19 comments, last by MarioLuigiMan 8 years, 8 months ago

Starting a programming / game development club. Do you guys have any advice?

Ill also post my club logo once I finish designing it smile.png

[attachment=28867:parkwaywestgamedevpage.png]

Advertisement
Never talk about the first rule of game development club.

What?

Exactly.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

To be fair, the movie could have been made before he was born.

Hi,

Keep it rewarding somehow. Perhaps you can have an outside goal of some kind like a science fair or something.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

One thing that you might want to be wary of is starting a group project that you all participate in. While the idea itself is a nice one, what usually happens is everyone wants to do the same thing with nobody wanting to do the boring parts. Things generally fall apart which can be quite demoralizing. You might instead want to focus on helping each other out with your own personal projects and sharing techniques that you've learnt.

One thing that you might want to be wary of is starting a group project that you all participate in. While the idea itself is a nice one, what usually happens is everyone wants to do the same thing with nobody wanting to do the boring parts. Things generally fall apart which can be quite demoralizing. You might instead want to focus on helping each other out with your own personal projects and sharing techniques that you've learnt.

Come to my clubz, i program and you debug okay? :)

got it :)

Ill make sure everyone gets a part and gets to do what they like

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement