Jobs pertaining to creating games/peripherals for the disabled?

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 years, 7 months ago
(If this doesn't go here, please move. I guessed. Also, I'm posting this on other sites so I can get as many answers as possible.)
Hello!
I’m hoping to get some help with this, but if not, that’s okay too. I received my BSc in Game Design back in August of 2014. I’m currently doing an unpaid online internship as a community manager for a video game startup. Things are very slow with that and, due to issues out of my control, I need to find some kind of game job to make money.
My goal all along has been to get into making games/peripherals for the disabled, but I’m also looking at narrative design. I’ve looked all over for remote narrative design jobs, but I’ve only found one so far (and the person already told me they found the person they were looking for).
As far as my first idea (games/peripherals for the disabled), I’m having a hard time searching for anything. I’ve tried Google searches, but most of the results talk about getting disability benefits and the like. I need some ideas and assistance in this as I’m not sure I’m even searching the correct terms (I used something along the lines of “games/peripheral jobs for the disabled”). Where can I go? What search terms do you suggest? Relocation is impossible as I’m a full-time caregiver for my father while my mom works to pay the bills. It was his idea to see if I could find something online.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Raptor

Advertisement

I’ve looked all over for remote narrative design jobs

Any kind of "remote" job is tough (i.e. next to impossible) for anyone without at minimum 2-3 years' experience.

As far as my first idea (games/peripherals for the disabled), I’m having a hard time searching for anything. I’ve tried Google searches, but most of the results talk about getting disability benefits and the like.

Try "games for health" or "games for good" or "social impact game development."

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement